Argan Oil benefits for Skin & Hair
October 21, 2010 1 Comment
From the B4Tea Website:Argan oil is sometimes known as argane oil and it is extracted from the kernels of the fruit that produced by the Argan tree. Argan tree is native in Morocco. Argan oil is uncommon and valuable resource for treating a wide range of cosmetic and medical problems. It contains high percentage of essential fatty acids and phelnols and so it is more resistant to oxidation than olive oil. It also contains vitamin A, omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids which provide more antioxidant benefits. Argan oil is very popular oil. It is very hard to extract this oil and so it is not generally cheap. Due to its high cost, it is sometimes found in products only in unpretentious amounts.
Health benefits of Argan oil are in popularity and can help to treat any ailment such as dry skin, eczema, acne, wrinkles, and lots more. Argan oil is also used on skin, hair, and nails for its beatifying action. They have hydrating and protecting action on the skin and so it can be used in facials and body massage, even for babies. Many women rub this oil over dry or cracked lips to make softy. Argan oil is shown to be helpful for improving hair strength.
Argan Oil Benefits for Skin:
Argan Oil has so many benefits for skin and so it is very popular skincare product among women. For centuries, Moroccan women have used argan oil to treat several skin problems. Some of the benefits of argan oil for skin are as follows:
• Argan oil is a highly effective skin moisturizer with antimicrobial properties. It is a lot more than a simple moisturizer because it does not contain any cholesterol. Argan oil is more effective than other natural skin moisturizers such as shea butter and olive oil due to high content of fatty acids.
• It also helps to restore the natural pH of the skin.
• Argan oil helps in reducing the wrinkles and softening the skin.
• Argan oil has a sebum regulating action on the oily skin that reduces the oiliness.
• It has also shown to increase the elasticity and tightening of the skin.
• If you are suffering from acne or chicken pox scars, application of argan oil is very beneficial to reduce these blemishes.
• Argan oil is also known to neutralize free radicals, treat acne, eczema and psoriasis.
• Argan oil has regenerating properties on skin by revitalizing the cell functions that prevent early skin aging due to sun, pollution, stress, smoking, etc.
• By application of argan oil on nail, brittle nails can be made stronger.
• It can help to reduce skin inflammation and skin irritation, helping to cure numerous dermatological disorders such as eczema, psoriasis and even acne.
• Pregnant women can apply argan oil to prevent the onset of stretch marks.
• Mineral make up tends to dry skin. Application of 1 – 2 drops of argan oil for 5 minutes, before applying the mineral make-up this problem can be avoided.
In short, Argon oil benefits on skin are:
• Prevent loss of moisture from the skin
• Diminish wrinkles
• Stimulate skin cells
• Reduce scarring
• Give you softer skin
• Prevent stretch marks
• Relief for eczema and psoriasis
• Restore nutrient content of skin cells
Argan Oil Benefits for Hair:
Argan Oil is often called liquid gold by beauty experts due to its benefits for healthy hair. It has properties similar to those of Jojoba Oil and it gives new life to dry, tangled and flyaway hair. Some of the clear and recognized benefits of Argan oil for hair are as follows:
• Argan oil infiltrates into the hair pores or shafts and improves the elasticity of hair. It also proves to be very nourishing for the growth of hair.
• It hydrates the hair naturally. It stops the curliness and roughness of hair in a well-organized way.
• Natural antioxidants are present in Argan oil which strengthens the hair by repairing the damaged cellular membrane of hair.
• Argan oil is very good for uncontrollable and unmanageable hair. It restores the smoothness of hair and makes them manageable again.
• Argan oil contains Vitamin E which makes it a fabulous agent for hair treatment. Many external and internal agents like heat, over styling and oxidization damage the hair. Vitamin E is very useful in restoring the natural hair and renewing and repairing the damage caused by destructive agents.
• Argan oil is a direct source of essential nutritional components for hair pores and roots due to its rich contents of unsaturated fatty acids like Omega 3 and Omega 9. These unsaturated fatty acids improves the strength of hair and also heals the split ends of hair by strengthening the protein bonding structures in hair.
• Color treatment on hair causes certain damage to hair. Color treatment makes them brittle and takes away the smoothness. Argan oil cures the brittle hair and increases the life of color treated hair. It even surpasses in competitiveness in this job from Jojoba oil.
• Non-greasy Argan oil locks the moisture in and adds to and restores the luster and shine of hair according to researchers.
• Hair stylists are also consider that Argan oil may finally be the right choice to heal and restore the damaged, dry and weak hair from environmental extremes, excessive styling practices and perms.
Other health benefits of Argon oil:
• Help to prevent cardiovascular diseases
• Cholesterol lowering effect
• Protects the heart and blood vessels
• Protect heart, liver and gall bladder
• Effective in the relief of burns and scars
• Improve circulation
• Anti inflammatory properties
• May help arthritis
• Lower blood pressure
Read More: B4Tea http://b4tea.com/food-health/argan-oil-benefits-for-skin-hair
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Argan oil
Mix ingredients, then wash your hands. Soak your nails in the mixture for about 15 minutes once a week. For brittle nails, repeat daily. This has a shelf life of one week if kept in an air-tight container, in a cool, dark place.